Online Accessible Services
It is important to us that as many people as possible are able to use our website. We have built and designed it to meet the stringent requirements set out by the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) based on the guidlines of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI). We have provided users with a number of features to help our site meet their needs . These are:
Site Design and Structure
We have designed the site to ensure all are able to experience and use to its full, following the guidelines specified below:
- Designing the site for a 800x600 view where possible
- ALT text's are provided to give descriptions of images
- Using descriptive hyperlink text
- Avoide the use of frames as there is no requirment for this kind of functionality
- Using an easy-to-see web colour scheme
- Using an easier to read non-serif font type, size and colour
All images on our website have alternative text attributes; This provides a means for assistive technologies such as screen readers to communicate the content of the image to a user who is using such technologies. Where an image is used soley for an aesthetic purpose it is displayed as a background image and therfore will not present itself to a screen reader or other such device.
Readable and resizable fonts and layout:
You will be able to change font sizes using your browser.
Select View > Text size followed by your preferred text size from 'Smallest' to 'Largest'. The default setting is 'Medium'.
Select View > Text size followed by 'Increase' or 'Decrease'. To return the text size to its default setting, select 'Normal'.